Wednesday 18 January 2012

Contact Sheet


This is my contact sheet which contains all the images that I have taken  myself in order for me to use in my magazine. You may think that the image of the stars is not mine but I did actually take that on a conveniently scheduled holiday to Kenya. Out there, there isn't any light pollution so you can clearly see the night sky so I quickly snapped a picture because I thought a photo would be useful for my magazine.

I decided to use a male character for the main images in my magazine. After looking at other magazines like NME and Vibe (since there aren't any established dubstep magazines) I quickly gathered that I would need to have a variety of shots for my images like close ups, mid shots fully body shots etc. As well as the shots I had to think about the location, lighting and what was happening in the image in relation to the main article which was the main artist taking us back to his hometown where he grew up. Since the main article was about the main artist returning home I decided to base the article in the artists neighborhood and home this way it would put the readers right into the shoes of the main artists featured on my magazine.

After taking my photographs I played with the exposure, size, color and background of the images I would use on Photoshop and then placed them into the layout of each page of my magazine. There were some images which I did not take properly or they cut of the person's head so I was forced to retake them

No comments:

Post a Comment