Friday 17 February 2012

Constructing and Developing my Double Page Spread


<<Initial Design
 This was the initial design and layout that I first created on Microsoft Publisher for my double page spread before writing my actual article. I showed this version of my double page spread and they told me that the pages lacked color and vibrancy like the other pages had and that if my artist's name sounded like the word 'Wild' why not make the font and theme of the page really wild and messy.




Constructing my Double Page Spread on Photoshop:


1. I reconstructed my magazine on Photoshop, wrote the
article and changed the image. I also changed the text of the
headline to make it look more wild an out of control as well
 as addingthe phrase 'Dubstep's new wild child' underneath
the headline.





2. I then realized that the headline, pull quote and sub heading
did not stand out as much as they should so I decided to add a
paint splash behind them to keep in with the theme of
wildness that my target audience wanted to see and
to also make them very visible and eye catching. I added
color to the key words in the subheadings in order to
make them more visible and eye catching once more.




3. After that I then saw that the page lacked some color
so I decided to add some more paint splatters to keep
within the theme of messiness but I made them three
different shades of blue in order to give the page some
vibrancy and color.



































Developing my Double Page Spread:


2nd Draft: In response to my target audience I gave my
double page spread a theme of wildness.messiness to
correspond with the artist's name and character. In order
to do this I added paint splashes behind text and on the page
to add color and vibrancy and 'wildness' to the page since
this would be the most appealing to my target audience.
After showing this to my target audience, they approved
the theme and new look of the double page spread but
then they told me that there was a lot of useless space
in the part of the photo above the artist and that I
should fill that space up with something interesting.








Final Draft: In response to the feedback I received from my target
audience I added the DUBHEAD logo behind Wil-D and increased the
size of the photo in order for it to fill up most of the empty space
in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment